Date(s) - 29/10/2015
Open House Energy 2015 – 16
Open House Energy is your chance to meet with the people and visit the facilities that help deliver our island’s energy needs.
See first-hand how energy is produced and hear from experienced staff how the industry is rising to the challenges posed by climate change and an increased demand for energy.
A number of Ireland’s energy firms are taking part in Open House Energy from October 2015 to April 2016.
You can join guided tours and enjoy a range of activities and events, all free of charge.
Venues with events taking place as part of the Open House Energy initiative include:
- Bord na Mona’s Mountlucas Wind Farm, Daingean, Co. Offaly
- Bord Gáis Energy’s Whitegate Power Station, County Cork
- Brookfield’s Kill Hills Wind Farm, Co. Tipperary
- EirGrid’s Converter Station, Woodland, Co.Meath
- Energia’s Huntstown Power Station, Co.Dublin
- ESB’s Turlough Hill Power Station, Co. Wicklow
- Indaver’s Waste-to-Energy Facility, Carranstown, Duleek, Co. Meath
- SSE’s Tarbert Power Station, North County, Co. Kerry
Advance booking is required for some tours and activities: see individual entries in the event guide.
Other tours don’t require pre-booking, though numbers may be limited.
Updates will be provided via the website and social media #OpenHouseEnergy.